Friday, August 1, 2008

Dear Batman...

Dear Batman,

With all due respect, you are not a superhero and you should never been confused with one. You are a crime fighter. Actually, you are a twisted, unhappy, brooding man who uses crime fighting as therapy. And your brand of crime fighting gets people killed. Fortunately for you, they are usually people you care about, and thus the cycle continues.
Thanks but no thanks. See a shrink. You are a billionaire, you can afford wall-to-wall therapists.

I for one am happy with Superman. Happy, friendly, invincible. Adoptive father died from a heart attack. No need to track down a bad guy, or even sulk. Shed a tear, give a donation to the Heart Fund, then try and be the kind of man your father would have been proud to know.

To the creative team of the The Dark Knight: thank you, thank you, and thank you for showing us a Batman with all of his warts on parade. I, for one, certainly prefer this look at the caped crusader-it is much more in line with both my and my Batman obsessed, holiday ruining brother’s understanding of the character.

As the credits started rolling on "The Empire Strikes Back II", I once again thought to myself, “Do I really have to feel sick for two years?” The answer, of course, is yes. 'Cause that’s how franchises get ya.
Signed,
C. Kent
June 1938

No comments: